As soon as you notice the early signs of stress, use some simple strategies to feel calm and relaxed:
- Take a few abdominals breaths. Use your diaphragm fully and make the exhalations long
- Sit comfortably on a chair with your back straight, your feet on the floor, palms on your thighs, and your eyes closed. Breathe deeply, and bring your attention to areas of your body in which you feel tension. Invite each part to relax. Repeat three times with full attention.
- If you work long hours at a computer, practise eyes exercises two to three times a day, looking at the sky through the window.
- If you sit for most of the day, take regular breaks and do some stretches. Bend forward for few seconds then backwards. Twist to the right and to the left. Finally, stretch sideways.
- Ease out any stress in the neck by practising neck rolls.
Are you looking to reduce stress?
Come along to one of our Yoga classes. It combines the best of the East and West sequences to help you manage your stress levels – no matter what your current level of activity or fitness.
We are here to help. Book your free 15 mins session so we can find the right path for you.